Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ploughed and Scattered Fields

6 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

I would like to know how to scatter fields. It would be handy when up to moving mountains ...

1:50 pm  
Blogger Johnnynorms said...

Yes Anon I would like to know that. The mountains would have come to Mohammed, but like me they are such lazy lumps.

8:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I detect the influence of David Hockney's Yorkshire landscapes?

Brilliantly done though.

Dave xx

2:27 am  
Blogger Johnnynorms said...

Ta Dave, don't think it's Hockers, even though I know and love those paintings. Well maybe a bit, I don't know! This started out a typical abstract but changed quite quickly into a pastoral-surreal meditation. Pretty deeply felt, don't know if that comes across?

10:30 am  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Asked question because deep under a mountain. It will only come across if you keep practising drawing the scattered fields - so one day this mountain will move. It has no relation to the feeling you have or the quality of your drawing. David Hockney preferred houses.

2:36 am  
Blogger Johnnynorms said...

Deep advice Anon, I like it. You make me scratch my head and ponder in a good way.

1:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home