Friday, April 27, 2007

The Many Few

The Many Few
There's a bit of my music on www.myspace.com/manyfew - so if you fancy, give it a go. These are old recordings from between '89 and '93...I'm hoping to get some newer stuff up soon. I'm still fond of these numbers, and "Sweep & Swipe" is certainly still on my playlist, perhaps "Where I Work" as well.

As well as writing songs, I improvise and experiment - so I'll have to share some of that before long. I'd like to match them up with drawings - they'd maybe suit each other.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Great idea--I always love the marriage of art and music Johnny. I'll have to check your songs out then. Thanks for the tip mate. :)

11:51 pm  
Blogger Ian russell said...

oh, myspace don't allow outsiders to comment, John.

yeah, I like it. It reminds me a bit of the canterbury scene - which I've had a soft spot for for years - though 'Where I Work' would make a great calypso. I heard a good one from Walter Ferguson on Andy Kershaw called 'Computer'. It was that same tinge of stoic lament juxtaposed with rhythmic springiness.

9:33 am  
Blogger Johnnynorms said...

Scratch a doodle and some sounds come out!

Can I quote you Ian - stoic lament..rhythmic springiness, t'is apt.

8:58 am  
Blogger Ian russell said...

yes, I'll not do a KFC on yer, johnny. finger-lickin' stuff.

9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home