Chief Inspector Amazement

A little Springtime fancy. I'm sure British culture is littered with whimsical and surreal policemen, though I can't name any offhand. Spike Milligan sketch shows spring to mind. By the way, yes that is from the inside of a pepper.
Sorry about the sluggishness of Elbowroom at present. As much apologising to myself as to my loyal Elbowroomers. I know as much as you do what's around the next corner! Or do I?








7 Comments:
sluggishness? Never!
I love this cop - especially his swirly eye!
hello, hello, hello, wots all this here then?
jajajja sooo funy! ;)
Sometimes it's good to not know John. Anyhow, good stuff here. I wish we had cops like this around, wearing those big goofy hats. Anyhow, don't apologise--it's always great to come back here and get a closer look at your work, whether you post something new or not. Anyhow, have a happy weekend!
I think the last week on elbowroom has been plodding along(ho hum) quite nicely, not at all sluggish, and always a treat!
Great moustache!
Lovely to hear from you all!
I think a thesis on surreal and comic police in British culture should be undertaken, perhaps in the Name of the Lawn. I might write a song about it all one day. Did it all start with the policeman in Punch and Judy?
Also, Chief Inspector Amazement should star in his own cartoon possibly?
Dave, A Canterbury Tale is a subtle gem that was growing on me second time around.
Post a Comment
<< Home