Sunday, October 30, 2005

Secret Music


This drawing (and the one below) accompanied a track-listing for a tape compilation of some of my instrumental and experimental recordings, entitled Secret Music. Secret Music is also my term for an ongoing series of partly subliminal short recordings, which give the added thrill of surprising me the creator in the finished result.

Typically each Secret Music consists of four different keyboard sounds, deliberately selected, but played without hearing them in the actual recorded improvisation. But, as I count time roughly in my head for each track, a strange combination of coherence & serendipity & quasi-randomness occurs. For brief interludes of time, my conscious and subconscious musical thoughts meet each other – sometimes successfully, other times not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home